Extensions to disclosure pre-election donations in a state election
Political donations of $1,000 or more made or received in the lead-up to a NSW State election must be disclosed within 21 days. If you are unable to submit a pre-election disclosure form by the due date – within 21 days of the donation being made or received – you can request an extension.
The request must be made before the due date, and extensions can be no more than eight weeks after the due date.
Only the person who is legally responsible for submitting the disclosure form can submit the request for extension.
For other types of extensions, please refer to the Requesting an extension to submit a disclosure user guide.
On this page
1. Login to Funding and disclosure online.
2. Go to the ’Disclosures’ tab.
3. Select the ‘Request extension’ quicklink.
4. A list of disclosures that you can request an extension for will appear. Select the ‘Request Extension’ link for the disclosure you are requesting additional time for.
For pre-election disclosures to appear under the ‘Request extension’ quicklink, the disclosure form will need to be created first. Follow the steps set out in the user guide How to create or continue working on a disclosure form to create and save a new pre-election disclosure form.
Completing the extension request form
5. You must provide the following information:
- Date of earliest donation – if you are requesting an extension to disclose more than one political donation, enter the date the earliest donation was made or received. If you are requesting an extension to disclose only one political donation, enter the date the donation was made or received.
- Date of most recent donation – if you are requesting an extension to disclose more than one political donation, enter the date the most recent donation was made or received. This date must be within 20 days of the ‘Date of earliest donation’. If you are requesting an extension to disclose only one political donation, re-enter the date the donation was made or received.
- Proposed date for lodgement – this is the new extended due date by which you are proposing to submit the pre-election disclosure form.
- Reason for extension – you must provide the reason why you are unable to submit the disclosure by the due date.
6. When you have entered the above information, the request for extension can be submitted by selecting ‘Submit’.
7. Once successfully submitted, the extension request will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome.
8. Go to the ‘My forms’ tab and select ‘Extension requests’ to access and view the form you submitted.