Go to content

How do I make a disclosure?

A valid disclosure form must be lodged with the NSW Electoral Commission by the due date.  A valid disclosure:

  • is made using an approved NSW Electoral Commission disclosure form

  • contains all the pages (even if some or all pages contain no disclosures)

  • is completed and signed by the person responsible.

Disclose online using Funding and disclosure online:

  1. Log in to Funding and disclosure online using your username and password, or request access (if you don’t already have access).
  2. For steps on how to submit a disclosure, you can use the instructions on how to create and submit a disclosure, or the instructions on how to submit a ‘Nil’ disclosure.

Alternatively, download, complete and sign the applicable disclosure form on the website and submit it by email. Disclosure forms are available on the website from the start of the lodgement period, i.e. from 1 January or 1 July.

You may need to submit with the disclosure form:

  • the receipt book and acknowledgement book containing used and unused copies of receipts issued to political donors for all reportable political donations received (half-yearly disclosures)

  • copies of the invoices or receipts for electoral expenditure disclosed (annual disclosures of expenditure)

  • copies of the electoral material or advertising (except online advertising material where the cost is up to $20) that relates to the expenditure disclosed (annual disclosures of expenditure).

Complete and accurate records of political donations and electoral expenditure must be maintained by the person responsible for making disclosures for an elected member. For more information, see record keeping.

All disclosures are published on the NSW Electoral Commission website.

What happens after I make a disclosure?

Disclosures may be subject to a compliance audit. They are retained for six years.

As part of a compliance audit, the NSW Electoral Commission may require a party, elected member, candidate, group of candidates, associated entity or third-party campaigner to provide a copy of the statements of the campaign account of the political participant, or any other information reasonably required to undertake the compliance audit.