Information: Some NSW Electoral Commission systems will be impacted while we carry out routine maintenance tasks. Learn more

Go to content

Other enrolment categories

On this page

Special category enrolments

There are options for people with specific circumstances that may affect their enrolment. This includes:

  • voting and enrolling with no fixed address
  • silent electors
  • general postal voters.

Learn more about special category enrolments

Non-residential enrolments for local government elections

You or someone on behalf of your business may be eligible to vote as non-residents in wards or council areas.

Vote as a non-resident

Change to electoral legislation regarding 'unsound mind'

Some aspects of the law have changed for the way elections are run in New South Wales. People who were previously excluded from enrolling to vote in New South Wales on the grounds of being of “unsound mind” now have the right to vote in State and local government elections.

Learn more about non-residential enrolment for local government elections