Less than two weeks to go until Uralla Ward A by-election - pre-poll voting now open
Voters in the Uralla Ward A local government area are reminded to cast their vote for the Uralla Ward A by-election, being held on Saturday, 16 February 2019.
The by-election is being held to elect one councillor and it is compulsory for enrolled electors to vote.
NSW Electoral Commissioner John Schmidt said early voting options included pre-poll and postal voting, subject to certain eligibility requirements and including if voters:
- will be outside their ward or council area on election day
- will be more than 8km from a polling place on election day
- will be travelling and unable to attend a polling place on election day
- are approaching maternity
- are seriously ill or infirm, and will be precluded from attending any polling place to vote
- will be working on election day
- are a person with a disability.
Voters can cast a pre-poll vote at the Uralla returning officer's office at 32 Salisbury Street, URALLA. Pre-poll voting closes at 6pm on Friday, 15 February 2019.
Eligible voters who are unable to vote in person on election day can also do a postal vote if they meet eligibility criteria.
Postal vote applications close at 5pm on Monday, 11 February 2019 and postal votes must be received by the returning officer by 6pm on Monday, 18 February 2019.
On election day, voters can cast their vote at Uralla Central School on John Street, URALLA, between 8am and 6pm.
For more information on the election, including pre-polling eligibility, candidates and polling places, visit elections.nsw.gov.au
The NSW Electoral Commission has a free election reminder service that voters can sign up to.
Phone: (02) 9290 5936